• The digital aspect of media stored on a CD does not degrade over time. Whether it be the first or millionth time a CD is played, the sound quality is the same. This cannot be said for records, which acquire a whole range of pops and hisses over time.
  • CDs are FAR more portable than records. You can put them in notebooks, special cases, or simply in the original jewel cases they come with. This makes is easier to transport your collection to wherever you're going.
  • You can listen to CDs in your car. You can't do this with vinyl (unless you are really crafty and don't care about scratches).
  • You can listen to CDs in portable players. This is crucial for anyone who uses mass transportation or walks around a lot.
  • You can skip tracks without having to aim. This is more a reason why CDs are better than tapes, but I'd be surprised if anyone claimed that.
  • You can fast forward and rewind through an individual track. The uses for these features are obvious.
  • There are commercial recorders available to make your own CDs. This means copies, mix tapes, and other creations are possible.
  • CD Players require no maintenance, save a possible lens cleaning. Turntables require cartridges and needles regularly.
  • CDs are shiny. They can be used to reflect sunlight into the eyes of an attacker.

In my opinion, these reasons far outweigh the reasons why vinyl is better than CDs.