Still househunting.

I spoke to the girlfriend, who told me that he was prone to this sort of behavior. Seems like his con was to prey on homeless such as myself, charge a huge security deposit, posit a few draconian rules and then spend the money. A month later, minus a day or two, he'd dump the bum, with a few impressive legalese-sounding notes.

Unfortunately for him, I wasn't impressed. Unfortunately for me, I'm still looking for a place to live, and it looks like, if he spends the money, the court will have a hard time getting it out of him.

Haunted by the photo of the one-eyed cat. Apparently, there's been some talk that dear, departed Cy was a hoax, since the eye was open and not blue. Sad to say, it's like that old joke -- he was also blind, with none of the three eyelids cats naturally have, and so the iris wasn't visible. Other than that, it was a particularly nasty example of what the Sonic Hedgehog gene does when gone awry -- funny thing, how it makes sure that your two halves are just the right distance from each other...any slip-up and you get anything from a gap between your front teeth, like David Letterman to...well, this.

All this happened on the twelfth. Wonder what's up for Friday the Thirteenth?