A statement which is only true if you are a drummer. Tool's percussionist, Danny Carey, is undoubtedly one of the best the modern music scene, or any other for that matter, has to offer: the best example of his skill is the intro to the song Eulogy, the second track of Aenima. The rest of the band's instrumentalists, however, have far more powerful rivals in the extremely broad genre of modern rock. Anyone claiming Tool writes the most difficult music around has never heard the talent of such musicians as Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Les Claypool, and Dimebag Darrell, among others. While playing extremely complicated drum lines in non-standard time signatures is very commendable, playing power chords and repetitive guitar and bass lines in them is not nearly as hard as the downright crazy shit the aforementioned four do in most of their songs. Nothing against Tool, because they are a very talented, creative and no-bullshit band, but the guitars and bass certainly don't completely top the charts. Of course, it's an honest mistake to make, especially to someone only familiar with the classic rock and jazz scenes, because by and large the most popular heavy music of late is the cacophony of such talentless bands as Korn and Limp Bizkit. However, do a little research before you start throwing around such extreme superlatives.