The name Bushmaster is very popular with weapons manufacturers. I guess they like the deadliness of the namesake.

One of the most powerful namesakes is the M242 25-mm Bushmaster electrically-powered chain gun The chain in the designation has to do with the loading mechanism, not any kind of rotating-barrel stuff. It is a single-barrel weapon. It is used in the US Army's Bradley fighting vehicle. The Marine Corps mounts it on their Light Armored Vehicle (LAV), while the Navy carries it on many of its ocean-going vessels to deal with small attack craft. The M242 has an dual-feed mechanism that allows the gunner to switch between armor-piercing (AP) or high-explosive (HE) ammunition on the fly as well as choose between single- or multiple-shot firing modes. The standard rate of fire is 200 rounds per minute, and the weapon has a range of 2,000 meters There is also a Mk 46 30-mm version, intended as a upgrade.

A line of civilian rifles also that carry the name. The XM15 Bushmaster is a M-16-style weapon, and was used by the Washington DC sniper. It is available in versions costing roughly $500 to over $1,200. The version used by the sniper was a handle-less version specifically designed to mount a telescopic sight.

An interesting factoid is that the weapon used by the D.C. sniper was a pre-ban version that is now illegal to make. It is still legal to sell used rifles of this type, and new-in-box rifles made prior to the assault weapons ban.

Here is a list of year 2000 sales of AR-15-type rifles in the US, and what company made them:

# of Rifles / Manufacturer
39,932 / BUSHMASTER FIREARMS, INC.
29,950 / COLT'S MANUFACTURING CO.
8,475 / ARMALITE, INC.
5,869 / DPMS ARMS, INC.
3,910 / OLYMPIC ARMS, INC.
2,964 / PWA, INC.
2,614 / PROFESSIONAL ORDNANCE, INC.
967 / HESSE, LTD.
191 / ROCK RIVER ARMS, INC.
6 / ALLAN P. ZITTA

(Source: http://www.bushmaster.com/documents/news/number1.asp)

There is also a Bushmaster Knife, made by United Cutlery. It is a 15-in. survival knife that has a 10-in. blade with a sawtooth back, and its black cast-metal handle contains a survival kit and has a compass built into the butt cap.

You can carry all of this in your Bushmaster armored car, a wheeled vehicle known for its resistance to land mines.