I've bought a house and I'm in the throes of remodelling and quitting my job and catching up on the five years of life that was passing me by while I was working too hard. So I'm still around...just not every day.
Level 1 noders whose nodes I enjoy (or at least, noders who were level one when I began to enjoy them):
Honey | cooling1018 | Zarmvenius | my.raindance | Smappdi | nosfentor | Peace Frog | morganlight | gobbet
It appears, in retrospect, that I've collected identity-labels much the way I've collected fun footwear. At any given time, I can wear various combinations of:
- knee-high patent leather go-go boots, one size too small
- studly femme and amiable kook, though not so amiable these days
- noisy bisexual
- white iridescent four-inch heels with chains
- lazy polyamorist
- object-oriented programming language slut
- four-inch-heeled metallic purple mules
- aspiring software architect
- photographer ("hobbyist". not "amateur".)
- army boots, cracked across the sole, older than I am
- antique gold high-heeled shoes with two zippers on each shoe
- scuffed brown leather hiking boots
- overuser of particular HTML tags
I have a personal webpage so I don't have to write damn bios. Go visit http://www.byz.org/~sev for information about me, so I can stop feeling guilty about putting random non-bio-related stuff on my homenode.
noding about noding.
- what does an in-progress writeup look like? The following was an early draft of lacquer, before I decided that I really don't know enough about japanese culture to write intelligently about an art so deeply intertwined with it.
- While natural lacquer can be found finishing Vietnamese tableware and Russian boxes, lacquer is best-known for its use in traditional Japanese art -- so much so that japanned is synonomous with lacquered.
Now three different styles of lacquerware comprise three of the ten nationally designated traditional arts of Japan.
Traditionally, lacquer is made from the sap of a laquer tree.
One of the reasons that I'm an unordered-list-addict is that I have this fantasy that it helps me keep things organized. Things like my bookmarks.
- Rook's Wine Reviews
- Ack! My Rice Is Ruined! Or Is It?
- Vegetarian Meals That Aren't Just Brown Gack
- Lake Union
- Sammamish River
- Seth Boyden (who invented patent leather)
- Andre Courreges (of go-go boot not-exactly-fame)
- set things on fire
- categorically deny
- Some empty feminism nodeshells; in particular, first-wave feminism, second-wave feminism, third-wave feminism
- philomath or philomathy