A Tibetan dumpling. In my experience, often not particularly appetizing unless you are very cold and very hungry.

They are often stuffed with lamb flesh that has been slaughtered by Muslims. (As I have heard many times from various Tibetan Buddhist lamas, the negative karma generated by killing is just fine for Muslims since they will all be destroyed when the warriors of the hidden king of Shambhala emerge and kill everyone who has not received the Kalachakra initiation.) Sometimes however they are stuffed with yak (dzo) or horse meat from an animal that has died.

Momos are most often served in a broth made with yak bones, are sometimes steamed, sometimes fried. In rancid yak butter, unfortunately.

Seasoning tends to be sparse, if not utterly absent as Tibetans tend to have superstitions about almost every herb and root in their environment. Generally, there is at least salt.

In other Himalayan regions such as Bhutan and Nepal, momos might often have chiles or other seasonings mixed with the filling and ocassionally some vegetables.

In the Tibetan refugee settlements in India, curries and other seasonings have become popular.

In Japan, Tibetan immigrants will use shoyu, ginger, togarashi, and sometimes slivered scallions in their momo. But really these are gyoza, the Japanese version of Chinese dumplings.