In February of 2001, Dave Matthews Band (or DMB as they're known to fans) released what many are calling their breakthrough album, "Everyday."

What makes this album interesting is that it is the most successful and wildly different work DMB has released.

Lead singer and guitarist, Dave Matthews, has, up until this point, played nothing but the acoustic guitar. However, with the coming of a new producer, Dave has now picked up a baritone electric. What happened was magic. In an interview with "Rolling Stone," DMB's producer told them that since showing Dave the electric, he couldn't pry it away from him.

Before Dave found this new toy, the band had had an entire CD lined up: during their summer tour they had been exhibiting new songs at concerts, including a fan favorite, "Greystreet". Amazingly, the band dumped every new song they'd written up until that point. They just tossed them away and began anew.

And thus, you have "Everyday". When I fired up the first few tracks, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was like I was listening to entirely new band. The new songs DMB has created are fresher than anything they've put out in years. During interviews, DMB has described this album as the sound they've been after all along.

Perhaps best of all, though, is the reaction this album has gotten in the public. During its first few weeks, the album has sold over a million copies. At the time of writing, it is sitting proudly at the number one in sales slot in the US. Though some hardcore fans have expressed displeasure at the band's completely changed sound, most do admit that the new sound is pretty cool as well.

Pick up a copy and see what I mean.