Advantage: its transmission speed would be much higher than that of Wifi transmissions. As we have already mentioned, it would move around 10 to 20 Gbps, and maybe even more (in some tests it has even reached 224 Gbps).
Disadvantage: light waves are not able to pass through opaque obstacles, such as walls, so they would have range limitations. However, these could be overcome thanks to sensors. Furthermore, a direct line of sight is not necessary (the light can be reflected off the walls), although through this route the transmission speed would decrease significantly.
Advantage: Lifi could be used in certain places sensitive to electromagnetic areas, such as airplanes or hospitals, without causing interference.
Disadvantage: The light beams do not have a long range (about 5 to 10 meters). However, as in the case of overcoming obstacles, sensors could help increase distances.
Advantage: while the electromagnetic spectrum used by Wifi technology runs the risk of saturating, it does not seem that the visible light spectrum (10,000 times larger) will do so in the short term.
Advantage: Although it may seem like it, it would not always be necessary for the lights to be on at a level perceptible to humans. Their intensity could be reduced so that they could continue functioning in a non-visible way.
Advantage: In theory Lifi technology would be quite cheap to implement. It would be enough to add modulators to the lights and include the necessary receivers in the devices.