I am sick and tired of people saying "Guns should be regulated and licensed" or as Saige said "doesn't the requirement of licensing and registration seem common sense?"

YES. Licensing and regulation does make sense thats why we have both of them and have had both of them for years and years. Way before i was born they were regulated. More then 50 years ago hand guns required permits.

Lets suppose i am an 18 year old who has never had a gun before. To get a gun i must
  • Take a two day gun course totaling over 16 hours of instruction
  • apply to my home town police station for a Firearms Identification Card (FID)
  • The police run a full background check before approving the apllication
  • I must then go to the police station for a three sets of finger pronts and two sets of mug shots.
  • I then have to wait for about a month while the federal gvernment does more background checks and processes my ID request.
  • a mont later i recieve in the mail a photo ID with my finger prints on it which i must carry at all times.
This only gives me the right to carry longuns (rifles and shotguns) "to and from" as in to my house from the store, to the shooting range from my house, to hunting grounds from my house. You cannot just walk around with a gun when you get this permit.

To get a pistol permit being that same 18 year old after completeing all the steps above
  • I must have been in a gun club for over two years
  • The gun club must write me a letter of sponsorship saying that i am capable of using a gun
  • I must then fill out many more lengthy forms at the poilce station along with a brief essay on why i need a "pistol permit" and to what degree the permit will be either "for protection of self and property" (read :concealed) or "to and from"
  • Then there is more waiting and usually you are turned down because you don't really need a handgun for "for protection of self and property"
This is a lenghty and time consuming process and i speak from experience. Don't try to to tell me there is no licensing or regulation thats just plain not true. And all of this is just to get the guns. Now i could type pages upon pages of regulations regarding the storage transportation and use of guns but it won't because its irrelevant.

People have the right ot keep and bear arms it will never be repealed, get over it. And if you think there is not regulation, there is already way to much regulation in my opinion. If you don't know what you are talking about then don't talk.