Imagine the Palestinian situation in your country.

Let's take the US as an example. It's 1948 and the UN has passed a mandate stating the 50% of the continental US shall be given over the Jewish people as theirs. A line is drawn following the eastern borders of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Texas. Everything west of this is to be called Israel and is now no longer under US control. Most American citizens living in western states are moved east. Those that remain must accept Israeli rule.

Over the following years countries such as say Britain and Japan bank-roll the new Israeli state to the tune of billions of pounds and yen. Not only that but they ship vast amounts of armaments too. Subsequently after a few skirmishes along the border, Israel uses these monies and armaments to invade eastwards and annexes a further 30% of what was originally the USA.

US territory now consists only of the north-eastern corner; or everything north of Tennessee and North Carolina and east of Wisconsin and Illinois. Many Americans left behind in the western and southern states now live suppressed under the rule of a foreign power. The rest are crammed into the remaining 20% of their former homeland.

Now, how would you feel?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Disclaimer: For the record I do not condone terrorism in any way, shape or form. This node is merely intended to be an illustration of why the people of Palestine and some Arab countries take an extremist anti-western stance.