The new computers arrived and were set up two days ago. My old laptop got jealous and refused to talk to the server yesterday. This was ten minutes before two new patients had been booked for 30 minutes each. Usually I do 45 minutes for a new person under age 65 and an hour for over 65. I did the visits typing in to the laptop not in the electronic medical record, while we called for backup. I could probably have fixed it, but I couldn't fix it and see patients at the same time.

Once the laptop was talking to the server, it uninstalled the emr. Oh, well. We tied up our computer person for about five hours, also transferring Quickbooks to the new server. We won't put the new server in place until Friday, when we have an appointment to update our emr to the ICD 10 version. Yuk. Then I can start memorizing the new fungking 42,000 diagnostic codes. I need to order code books, since the emr search is imperfect. I am a really good coder even though I hate it.

Yesterday went really well in spite of the computers being grumpy all morning. My receptionist of 5 years is training the new receptionist/office manager/person who keeps me on task/filer not piler. Only one person cried. I got to lunch only twenty minutes late. I was grumpy by then too, but it was an impersonal sort of well, this has been a hell of a morning sort of grumpy. I had an appointment at 4, so my “half-day” ended at 3:30. The half days have been consistently long, but so far I am staying healthy. I got four of the notes into the emr and finished, and left the one who cried for today. Sigh.

300