My mother's father was from northern Italy. He came to the U.S. when he was 5.
My mother's mum was from Burgenland, Austria. She also came to the U.S. as a small child.

My grandfather on my father's side was from the northern mountains in Greece. He came over the U.S. at the age of 18.
My grandmother was English, she was a Quaker.

I am an american mutt. I sometimes feel have no real culture. I used to know Italian when I was a small child..I knew a little Greek too, but have since forgotten.

I am an american mutt. Even though I am a quarter English, Italian, Greek and Austrian, I have a french surname. This because of my Greek grandfather's involvement with the mob, he had to change his name and move far from where he lived to save the family. When attending classes or telling someone my name, I get asked the question, "are you french?" "No" I sigh and then explain...

I am an american mutt. I don't know the customs of the culture my grandparents came from. I wouldn't know how to contact distant family members if I tried. My grandparents are all dead and only my Greek grandfather told me of family members and his various exploits in Greece. My mother's parents couldn't remember their lives in their former countries and only told me of their experiences in Chicago (where they both grew up).

I am an american mutt.