why be so petty as to vote this down? go play outside.

We were both out of bed at 5 this morning, and soon after were in an immensely stupid argument - albeit a calm one, mostly - involving the "dumb motherfucker" search on google. It actually had to do with me seeming 'smug' and 'arrogant' and not letting things go when I should - both of which I heard about in brief lectures as well as one longer one. Y left for work shortly after.

I went outside yesterday in the windy rain, to join Y and and some others for lunch (outside), which brought back my flu symptoms that night. My nasal passages like to clear into my throat only during the night, making me cough and have to get up every hour. During the day I feel fine, but I'm staying in until the weather drastically improves (though I'd rather it rain, actually) or my flu goes away.

The Rushmore soundtrack is on repeat; I've heard it several times in a row. Now it has stopped, as though tired of playing.

The male funnel spider comes out to mate in warm, wet weather (what we have now). It is seven times more deadly than a full-grown female. I suppose this is significant, though the paper never mentioned how deadly the latter actually is, but they are not spiders to be messed with, regardless. This is one of those potentially lethal Australian beasties you hear about.

There is a call for citizens to capture them so the people who do this sort of thing can milk them for anti-venom, one drop at a time. Apparently you put a jar over them, slip a piece of cardboard underneath it, bring it up, drop a water-saturated cotton ball in the jar, and cover it again, without airholes. I can tell you right now that if I see one, I won't be doing any of this. Maybe ToasterLeavings would, being a good Australian citizen.

Every time I hear a noise I think it's a male funnel spider the size of a football.

Yesterday I spent six or so hours studying and taking boson tests (which kicked my ass at first). Today I just want to read, but want to take this test very soon, so I'll probably take more practice tests and focus on trunking, which I hear from a few people is most of the test.

And beware that you don't fall into another kind of error: the folly of those who wear out their lives in ceaseless business, but have no aim on which their every action or thought is focused. - Marcus Aurelius

I need a haircut.