11:29pm

Today I got the details. Sara didn't know that this other guy was interested in her. She didn't want to be the center of any trouble, and since she is in school and has to stay focused on her work, she doesn't want to get tangled up in a melrose place situation.

I feel good though, becuase it explains everything perfecty, and leaves me fulfilled that I did everything right, just under bad circumstances.

Here's what happened. She was very friendly to me and she seemed interested up until we met up with everyone else to go to the circus. It was then apparent to her that the other guy was upset that I had taken her out on a date. This must have been when she decided that it would be best to not be too involved with anyone if it was going to cause a conflict.

Rather than just tell me though, she just became very quiet and distant over the next few times I seen her. She still seems a bit shy, so maybe this stuff is just hard for her to talk about.

I didn't know any of this until today. But it explains everything perfectly. She was very close to me up until that point, and afterwards she was quiet and a bit more distant, but not unfriendly. She would still smile when I looked at her, and she still hugged me when we met and departed. This sort of tells me that she is somewhat interested in me, but not so much as to cause big waves in the long-standing friendships she has built with so many people. This still makes me feel good, just knowing that someone is/was interested in me. I wouldn't want her to burn bridges though, that would be a bad situation to start a relationship on.

Maybe things will change. I'm going to take it easy for a while and just be friends. There is probably still some potential there, but I am going to have to wait it out.