Island owned by Virgin magnate, Sir Richard Branson.

Necker Island is a tiny (barely 41 acres), steep-sided and barren volcanic presence lying some 393 miles northwest of Honolulu. Far from being the Pacific ideal of white sand beaches and waving palms, it is bleak and inhospitable in appearance.

The main house is a majestic, airy Balinese Villa and Necker's principal guest accommodation. This ten-bedroom villa has a master bedroom with a sitting area and jacuzzi on its private terrace and nine bedrooms that can host either king or twin bedding all with private bathrooms and balconies. The spacious bedrooms all have fabulous views and are furnished with items from around the world, right down to the Balinese fabrics. In addition to the main house, two authentic Balinese Houses have been placed on the Island which increased its guest capacity to 24 people. 'Bali Hi' and 'Bali Lo' each have private swimming pools and open-air lounging and dining areas.

Although guests on the Island tend to be celebrities (Princess Dianna, Michael Jackson, Robert De Niro etc), *you* can actually hire this place for a romantic getaway / weekend of luxury. Bear in mind, however, that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston could not manage to book the place for their honeymoon as it was full.

Rates: $12,000 - $16,000 per day. (estimate), inclusive of:

Staff of 22
Freshwater pool and 2 jacuzzis
2 Floodlit tennis courts and equipment
Windsurfers
Laser sailing dinghies/Sunfish
Water skiing
Snorkel equipment
Inflatable Banana/Doughnuts
Fishing equipment (not deep sea)
Underwater sea sprints
Use of boats to other islands
1 day yacht charter
Local Calypso band for a party evening
7% local tax
Video, book and music libraries
Full sized snooker table
Board games (children's books & games)
Laundry facility (dry cleaning not available)
Business facilities

Necker Island (BVI) Ltd
1 Uxbridge Street
London
W8 7TQ

  • http://www.neckerisland.com