A Weekend Sound Track Node (Saturday 1pm)
Prev: Saturday 12pm: flamingweasel: Getting Your Ass In Gear: A Musical Guide
Next: Saturday 2pm: simonc: A Noderskating Jam Named Saturday

Prologue
It's UPA Regionals, day one, the game to go to the game to go.

Halftime. If we win this one, we're in the finals. If we lose, well, we've got a shot, but it won't be easy.

WUFO is up, 7-4.

The captain is saying something about how it's time to buckle down and take this game, and that Nationals awaits. We have the depth and the focus to do it, and we will not be stopped here.

Rage Against the Machine - Take The Power Back (5:37)

Arrival (7-4)
Seven on the line, we're recieving the pull. They come with a zone, but it's alright, we've got the handlers to work it up the field all day long. Finally we punch it into the endzone for another score.

Soundtrack from Run Lola Run - Introduction (5:45)

Reprisal(7-5)
We're running their cup into the ground, and after a few more unanswered points, they give up and switch back to a man.

Outkast - Bombs Over Baghdad (RATM Remix) (4:34)

Immortals - Theme from Mortal Kombat (3:24)

Nate Dogg and Warren G - Regulate (4:08)

Counterattack (7-8)
They beat us deep on a man for a quick huck score, and we setup a switching defense to make sure that doesn't happen again. The wind is starting to pick up... and we think about setting a zone after we score our next point. The cup quickly stuffs the disc in WUFO's endzone...time to punch it in. Two guys cut to the front corners of the endzone, one gets the look, catches the disc... but gets hit from behind by his defender, who laid out half a second too late. He's out of the game for sure, maybe the rest of the season. This could hurt... but we're resolved to win this game now.

Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (3:30)

Rage (8-9)
"They took one of our own, man, they took him out of the game, maybe out of nationals. We've got to win this one now, give him a chance to play again this season. He'll get back in time."

Our defense comes with renewed fury. We set a 1-3-3, I'm the monster. Nobody's going to put it deep - I've got that covered. Nobody's open in front of the disc - my teammates are cutting that off. They swing it around for a while, hoping to slow me down, but it's not going to work. Finally, they turn it over for another quick endzone play, and another quick score, then another, then another. We're going to win this one, if we can keep this up.

Black Sabbath - Crazy Train (4:50)

Monkees - I'm A Believer (2:47)

Falco - Rock Me Amadeus (3:22)

Endgame (8-12)
Game point. We're playing harder than we have all year, but so are they, and we've maybe gotten a tiny bit sloppy because of our lead. We've got to keep cool and finish it off.

They capitalize on our tired legs and punch two more goals in. We can't let it slip away - we won't.

Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son (5:22)

We call a timeout to regroup... set the play, hope we can pull it off. We have to win this one.

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (6:29)

The pull flies out of bounds, we have time to set things up how we want. Straight stack up the middle of the field. The disc is tapped in, and immediately the two deeps bust in, pulling their defenders with them and clearing the way for our third man to bust long. He's beaten his man. The huck goes up - looks long... "get under it! Turn it on! LAY!!!" - and it's caught. We're going to Nationals, baby.

Phillip Sparke - Celebration (10:20)

Final Score: Dartmouth 13, WUFO 10