I have three rings on two fingers. My left ring finger has two rings; the first is my CTR ring. CTR stands for "Choose The Right," which is the name of an LDS hymn and 7-8 year old children's Primary class name/motto. My sister gave me this little silver CTR ring for Christmas a few years ago to replace the one she'd given me the year before which was stolen, with some other jewelry, from a friend's dorm room.

The second ring on my left ring finger is my "Sister Ring." My older sister, Michelle, went on a 1 1/2 year mission to Belgium when I was 14. Just before she left, my three sisters and I went to "Crystal Blue" in Little Five Points in Atlanta, GA and picked out similar rings. We all wore our rings while Michelle was on her mission as a way to keep us connected to each other.

About 1/2 way through Michelle's mission, the dark blue stone came out of my ring while I was washing dishes and I accidentally sent it down the drain. I continued to wear the ring anyway, even after Michelle got home and my other sisters stored theirs in jewelry boxes, even though people are always saying 'Ah! did you know that your ring's stone is missing?!" It just seems like bad karma to stop wearing a sister ring, that's supposed to remind me of and connect me to my sisters. I'm about to go on a mission myself in two weeks.

I'm going to El Salvador, also for 1 1/2 years and my sister ring will come with me. On my right ring finger is my college ring, from Oglethorpe University. It's silver with a flat onyx face with "English BA" on one side and "Creative Writing '98" on the other. It's not going with me to El Salvador, too shiny.