In the game of cricket, point is a fielding position that is located at exactly 90 degrees from the batter, on the off side. Variations include:
- silly point - located dangerously close to the batter
- short point - located closer than usual to the batter
- deep point - located further than usual from the batter, perhaps on the boundary
- cover point - located at an angle of less than 90 degrees from the batter, closer to the fielder in the covers
- gully point - located at an angle of greater than 90 degrees from the batter, closer to the fielder in the gully
Point is a very busy position on the field, requiring a fielder who can dive athletically to stop the cut or square drive, move quickly to pick up softer shots, and throw accurately at the stumps, which will typically appear as only one stump wide, due to the 90 degree angle.