I still hate the job search process. I had my interview two weeks ago, and heard today that I didn't get the position. At first, it didn't really bother me very much; I do have a job and I do make enough to live on for the moment. And I really appreciated that the boss down there emailed me to tell me they'd chosen someone else for the position. In my experience, it's pretty rare to hear anything if there's no job offer forthcoming.

As the afternoon passed, though, it started to get to me more and more. I'm damn good at what I do, but in a time when the market is flooded with people with CS and IT degrees, my BA in German Language and Literature is pretty meaningless. Sure, I've got experience, but I've got no formal training, no certifications, and no credentials to back me up. It's pretty depressing when you can't land a position with a different team within your own organization, when your boss and your boss's boss are both singing your praises. I'm sure I'll get over it before too long, but I can't help wondering if the economy will ever turn back around to the point where I can get a real job and start making closer to what I'm worth than what I'm desperate enough to accept.

Oh, well. So ist das Leben, eben.

The good news is that as of tomorrow Oklahoma will cease to be as ass-backward a state as Louisiana and New Mexico ... at least in terms of animal-related blood sports. Now that we're firmly in the 21st century, the good people of this state have finally decided that the image we want to project to the world is not that of a bunch of drunken rednecks gathered around the cockfighting pit. Tuesday's election outlawed cockfighting, and the ban goes into effect tomorrow. Since that's the only thing I even came close to giving a crap about on the ballot, I'd be pleased if I weren't so apathetic.

Well, that's enough whining for one night. I'll leave you with this final thought: If cockfighting is outlawed, only outlaws will fight with their cocks.