I like visiting with old friends. Being somewhat the nostalgic and sentimental type, there’s something to be said about passing the bottle around and reliving the glory days of our youth. The days when we strode through the countryside like kings and the public would lavish their praises upon us. We were, after all Gods among mere mortals and were worshipped and adored throughout the lands.

But then, a funny thing happened. Maybe it’s just human nature but over time we began to be taken for granted. The crowds we once commanded had dwindled to a mere few and even then, the applause we received was akin to the polite clapping that you here at a golf tournament instead of the roars we were accustomed to. We seemed to have lost our edge and gathered some dust and our bones had started to become stiff and brittle.

Thanks to this noble effort, we have once again become invigorated. No longer do we have stand in the dusk of the setting sun for the time has come once again for us to shine like beacons guiding our ships back to safe passage. We have come out from under the earth and risen like a Phoenix to once again to reclaim our destiny and assume our rightful place in the kingdom.

Okay, enough of the goddamn hyperbole. Here are my three choices for the Lost Gems of Yesteryear:

Drum roll please…….

Run like you are six by grundoon – because you should…

The One-Boobed Systyrs of the Apocalypse by doyle – because it’s from the heart…

No one can be unhappy with a fresh box of crayons by IWhoSawtheFace – because it’s true…

Believe me, there were plenty of worthy candidates out there but I figured I'd pick some standouts that weren’t already on Lord Brawl’s list.

What’re ya waitin’ for, go read, go ching!