On meatworld obligations

So things are happening real fast.

Let's review the points discussed last time:

  • Yes, I'm going to London for Wikimania 2014
  • I have my passport and the process was incredibly faster than the last time around. I walked out of that building with my new passport in hand in less than 90 minutes.
  • I talked with the Big Cheese about it. He gave mi his approval as soon as I mentioned "...volunteering for Wikipedia"
  • Pandemonium will happen.
  • My mom has offered me some money for the trip. I can only describe my reaction as :3

Last week we had some visitors from the Wikimedia Foundation. They wanted to inspect the venue and prospective hotels for next year's event. We scouted for safe hotels that were relatively near the venue and fit in our budget. The WMF people selected 3 out of the 20 we listed. They loved the venue. They saw how Mexico City is not a place where you get mugged every few steps, but a City fit for visitors from all around the world.

It wasn't until these people left that I actually realized that I'm doing this trip. I freaked out for a bit, in a good way.

On London sightseeing

A few weeks ago I asked the good people of the catbox for interesting things to see while in London. The list sez:

If you have more suggestions, please /msg me! Of course, I won't be able to see everything London has to offer in one week, so I want to know what the locals regard as the best of the best. Beer suggestions are welcome, too.

Addendum:

The Custodian recommends the Imperial War Museum in Duxford.

RedOmega, moeyz, etoufee: thanks for your good wishes :')