First off, I'm an atheist as well, but I'd like to point out some flaws in Phrump's logic.

His argument rests upon the concept that an entire species begat of two individuals will be a species of twins, much like the cheetahs he mentions. This holds true for a number of generations, but due to the concept of evolution (which Phrump is amusingly arguing for), after a number of years, there will be sufficient genetic variation, so that the species will not suffer the negative effects of inbreeding. Or else, the species will be overcome by suceptibility to disease (like the cheetahs Phrump mentions) or some other flaw, and die off. This is known as natural selection.

Phrump is correct, there is a huge amount of genetic variation in the human species alone. Just look around you while you're on the bus. What he doesn't account for, is the rather large chunk of time between 2003 A.D. and the birth of the first homo sapien, or even the birth of an ancestor of the homo sapien. The population of cheetahs only recently (evolutionarily speaking) hit the low of 7, and there has been very little time (on an evolutionary scale) since this drastic reduction in population. Were the cheetah population to be left untouched by humanity, it would die off completely, as it is in a very precarious evolutionary position.

Also, two mere sets of genes can produce incredibly varied offspring over a course of generations due to genetic mutation and meiosis. So, an offspring can, after a number of years, have completely different traits from its ancestors. As long as a species survives the rigorous test of natural selection (which only some do, as is shown by Cro-Magnon man, dinosaurs, and a slew of others), it could have possibly have been created from two individuals (I admit this option is more possible than, plausible). The point here is, I agree with Phrump, Creationism is scientifically flimsy, but I feel that many of his arguments are less than sound.

By the way . . . this is not just some malicious attack on Phrump. He's a friend of mine, and it's all in good fun.