The last week has been work, almost non-stop. Contract work here, nine-to-five there, it leaves very little time for anything else. I don't mind, really, I enjoy my work, but it wears on the soul, after a while.

Things are going well at CHUM, if you ignore the fact that my workload is going to run me into the ground. I have about two thousand graphics that have to be made by the end of the week, with another hundred-odd-thousand to be queued after that. It's monkey work, really, but there's a lot of it. It's not design, there's no design in it when you have to pop a new one off every five minutes.

I enjoy the working environment, though. The people are great, the offices are great, the atmosphere is great. I couldn't ask for a better place to work, really. I just wish the work itself was something I could look forward to. I want to be working with the web, and creating, not just cutting and pasting and cropping and resizing for eight hours a day. Even if there's free coffee.

I shouldn't complain, really. I have a job working with computers, and it's not horrible. It's not tech support. It could be worse.

...

Jes and I aren't having one of our better weeks.

I tell myself that anything worth having is worth working for. It's a fairly apt quote, I do think.

Internalizing it is proving to be more difficult.

...

Christmas is nearing, as well. It looks like I'm not going to be getting paid before christmas, so it'll be a sad sad year for my friends. No money for gifts, for anyone. Not for Jes, not for Jes' family that have been putting up with me for the last half-year, not for my little brother, not for my mother.

Add that to the fact that I already feel like hell for having taken so much from everyone with so little to give back, and you have a very unhappy little boy.

Maybe not unhappy. That's not entirely accurate. I wish that I could do more, though, and that I had the means to tangibly express my gratitude and affection for my friends and family, this Christmas.