I am an experienced gleeker.

I will share my gleeking tips with you...!

First of all, yawning or anything like yawning has nothing to do with it, it's just that during a yawn it might come accidentally. What DOES need to happen, above anything else, is salivatory stimulation.

Salivatory stimulation is a must because you need your saliva glands going in order to produce the stream of saliva that will be ejected. How can this be accomplished? My favorite method is simply by tasting something. The stronger the taste, the more effectively the stimulation will go. Something spicy (some kind of hot sauce), sour (lime or lemon juice), salty (salt or seasoning) work best. Pop works well, too. But just about anything will work. In desperate times I have even stuck my finger in my mouth to stimulate saliva production.

Alright, so after a little taste of something to get the saliva gland working, you are prepared to gleek. Keep in mind that it won't be long before the saliva production goes back to normal; usually not longer than 10 seconds. In that case you'll simply need to have another taste. Yum! You'll have to open your mouth in order to successfully gleek. Otherwise, the spit won't go anywhere. It'll hit the inside of your mouth and miserably never see the light of day, or an annoyed sibling. So open that mouth. Doesn't have to be a big effort... just make sure it's open.

Then comes the tongue action. When I gleek, I outstretch my tongue as far outward as it will go. Again, it doesn't have to be a big effort... just stretch it out. Not straight out horizontally... and not straight up... just somewhere in between. The underside of the tongue is stretched out, and the spit shoots out in a fine stream of very small drops. The jutting out of the tongue should be a fairly quick action... as if you were "stabbing" your tongue out.

If this doesn't work for you, then perhaps it's just a fact of "some have it and some don't". And if this does work for you, and you discovered the art of gleeking because of this, /msg me; I'd like to know. :D