Where to start? I felt pretty bad this morning when I woke up. I actually got 6 hours of sleep last night as opposed to the 3 or 4 I managed in the previous 48. I spent 12 hours in the Columbus airport yesterday. It was amazing. It was one of those tests of pure will. Could I actually sit in an airport that is smaller than some of the malls in Georgia and not go crazy? I managed. I got home around 12:30 this morning. All of this would have been easier had it not been compounded by the death of my Great Grandmother a day before I had to fly to Ohio. I drove to her funeral and then drove straight back. It was more or less 9 hours in a car with an hour break. This was immediately followed by packing for my flight.

I don't have a lot of unique memories of her. It is more like one big memory of a kind and loving woman. My dad had always been her favorite grandson and I think it carried down to myself and my sister by default. She would always bring me the big 1 lb bags of M&M's when I came to visit. The hardest part of losing her wasn't her death. It was the times that I visited her in the nursing home just before she died. She had become senile and didn't really remember anyone. This was to be expected but it was still heart-breaking. I can handle a lot of grief but I couldn't handle my last interaction with her. I came into the room and my Grandfather explained who I was to her. She looked at me and began to cry. She was upset because I was in a wheelchair. Her mind was stuck in another dimension where some people were ten years younger and others never had surgery that bound them to a wheelchair and leg braces. I tried to explain that I had been in a wheelchair for a long time but she just continued to cry and tell me how sorry she was that I was in a wheelchair. I don't cry.