‘The entire world drinks alcohol, that’s why there are so many wars. Herb is much better for you.’

Robert Nesta Marley (born on February 6, 1954 in Nine Miles, Jamaica) wasn’t only devoted to marijuana, but also to the oppressed, poor population of the world.
He made his debut in the ska-age together with Bunny Wailer, Peter Tosh and legendarical Studio One-owner Clement ‘Sir Coxsone’ Dodd, but made his best work in cooperation with Dodd’s assistant, the excentric sound-wizard Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry.

During the 70's the group gained international recognition after being signed to Island Records in London. There they released their first Island album "Catch a Fire" which rose to critical acclaim.
1973 saw Bob emerging as a solo artist with a newly formed Wailers band which included Rita Marley, Marcia Griffiths, and Judy Mowattnow known as the I-Three. With this new energy Bob took reggae to an international level having a succession of record-breaking albums and tours. On May 11, 1981 Marley died at the age of 36. Later that year the Government of Jamaica awarded him the "Order of Merit", and in 1991 proclaimed his birthday be observed as "Bob Marley Day".

Marley has a striking melodious writing style, which resulted in the evergreen “No woman no cry” and his impressive “Redemption song”. His charisma and power in combination with heavy drums, bass and funk, inspired many artists.
He remains today the greatest legend of reggae music.