Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, contrary to popular opinion, is not best prepared with butter. Although the directions on the box state that 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup milk should be added, I have found after much trial and error what I believe to be a most sovereign medicine against melancholy. I now present: Quick and Yummy Food.

Ingredients:

  • One 2 qt. Saucepan
  • One Wooden Spoon
  • Fresh Cold Water
  • Approximately 1/4 cp. 1% Milk
  • Approximately 1/4 cp. Either Yogurt Based or Non-Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil Based Butter Substitute
  • One Box Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
  • One Fork
  • One Bowl
  • Fresh Ground Pepper

Instructions:

  1. Fill the pot 2/3 full of water. Heat to a rolling boil.
  2. Uncooked chopped broccoli, sausage, or other tasty foods may be added at this time. Keep in mind that foods with high oil content may allow you to decrease the amount of spread needed.
  3. Add the macaroni, maintaining the rolling boil. Let cook 5 minutes or until tender but firm.
  4. While the macaroni cooks, fill a 1/2 cup measuring cup half full of milk. Add spread until just full. Let stand at room temperature.
  5. If it's cold, warm your bowl in the oven.
  6. When the macaroni has finished cooking, drain thoroughly. Do not rinse.
  7. Return the macaroni to the pot and add the dairy products. Stir until the butter is 2/3 melted.
  8. Add the cheese powder. Stir until mixed.
  9. Serve in a (warm) bowl with a fork and fresh ground pepper. Enjoy.