For space reasons, at dem_bones request, April Trolls Day writeup is continued here

I don't mean to make this a GTKY node, but I need to contribute. Kudos to Coby for posting my original node =)

Ok, I realy think this whole prank sucked big floppy doggy dick to be frank. I'm sure the gods were laughing hysterically, and I even found it a bit funny myself, but not being able to node for hours and then not getting anything in return is pure punishment.

However, I have a few theories.

This was an addiction test

Everyone knows that E2 can be very addictive. There are hundreds of nodes about noding after all. I think the gods were testing the potency of their product. They wanted to make sure, like an evil corporate nicotine company depicted in a Truth commerical, that their product was addictive. I suspect they weren't expecting such extreme withdrawl symptoms.

EDB is Sentient

Some people suggested this before it was revealed that the whole thing was a prank. But one must consider, was it really? Was it really a prank? Or did EDB eat all the gods! It would be the perfect time to strike, and everyone would accept it as a prank.

There is no spoon

We're all in The Matrix and everything2 is a direct connection to the sea of information. Neo blew up that big government building and that caused the l33t speak and outage. This whole prank buisiness is just a cover up.