my response to another writeup
Webster 1913 is a little out-of-date about the "written also" stuff - it isn't valid that way any more.

movie
Dinosaur is also the name of a movie by Disney. The release date was around spring 2000 (spring in the Northern hemisphere). From looking at the preview, the computer graphics are amazing. The vegetation, water, and some animals are almost perfect.

Without giving away the ending (not that kids movies usually have unexpected endings):
The movie start with (and preview consists of) a lone dinosaur egg being moved to a an island inhabited by mammals. The egg hatches, and a group of monkeys (or monkeys' ancestors) raise him. (All within about 10 minutes; dinosaurs sure grow quickly.) Then, one night, a "small" meteor hits and wipes out life on the island. Of course, our dino and immediate adopted family escape... escape to be almost eaten by {a group of small predetor dinos}. Just when they're about to become dinner, a herd of (bigger) migrating dinosaurs scare away the small pests. (Nevermind that there are about 5 of each time of dino in the group.) {main dino's name}, our lucky egg, joins the group and finds a girl ... who happens to be the sister of the leader of entire herd. The leader becomes a foil for {name}, and ignores {names}'s suggestions whenever possible. (more...)