Nimrod, a character from the Marvel Universe, particularly in the X-Men storylines; a very powerful being that appeared to cause havok, defeated, and returned to menace all once again.

Brought in from one of the many alternate future stories that have slowly eroded the X-Men universe, Nimrod was a pain in the ass to all heroes when he first came to our time. A sentinel from the dark future where mutants are kept in concentration camps and the sentinels are in control, Nimrod attacked the Hellfire Club and the X-Men. Harry Leland, one bishop of said Hellfire Club, died in battle with Nimrod and many injuries were committed to the X-Men. Nightcrawler was nearly mortally wounded with his powers remaining very weak for an extended period.

After the fight with the Club and the X-Men, feeling remorse and immense guilt for his actions, Nimrod disguised himself as a man that worked in a construction site. In disguise, Nimrod would provide acts of service and show heroism to the city of New York. So strong were his acts of kindness, that the population of New York threw their support behind him completely, as he hunted human killing mutants. He still had some encounters with the X-Men but his greatest moment came when he found the 'mini-cerebro' of Master Mold, a giant robot, even bigger than Sentinels. Master Mold is the giant sentinel that created/assembled the smaller (but still huge) Sentinels that roamed the Earth. Upon contact, Nimrod and Master Mold amalgamated, forming a single, even more powerful being. This villain attacked Senator Kelly and his wife, killing her. The X-Men began to fight the sentinel/MasterMold/Nimrod, but he was far too owerful to be defeated. The only plan the X-Men thought had a chance of working was to somehow get him to pass through the Siege Perilous. Rogue came up with an alternate plan that used Master Mold's original programming to corrupt the new being. Claiming that he had mutated from the original Master Mold form, she convinced Master Mold's original programming that the new being itself was unsuitable for existence. Master Mold/Nimrod attacked himself, the Master Mold half battling the Nimrod half for control. This confusion and discombulation allowed the X-Men to force the being through portal. However Master Mold/Nimrod pulled Rogue with.

After this, Nimrod was absent for an extended period. X-Force once fought a new one in the 'normal' timeline, with technology found of the original one. Cable was able to convince the Nimrod that he no longer had to attack mutants, and the facility where he would be built was closed.

In later issues it was revealed that the Nimrod (the original one) half of the Master Mold/Nimrod conglomerate was transformed into an 'almost' human being called Bastion, upon going through the Siege Perilous.