Hot Chocolate, of course, was also the name of the band that gave the world the legendary disco hit 'You Sexy Thing'.

The group was formed in 1969, their first project being a reggae version of 'Give Peace a Chance - they changed the lyrics slightly, but John Lennon gave his permission, and so the cover version was released. In 1970, they signed a record deal and recorded the single Love is Life, which went to a number 6 on the charts. Band members changed frequently during the first years, although center point remained lead singer Errol Brown with the shaved head. Their first name was 'The Hot Chocolate Band', which was quickly shortened.

Hot Chocolate went mainly for singles in their first years, and their first album wasn't released until 1974. 'You Sexy Thing', their greatest and longest-living hit, was released in 1975 and made it to the top of the charts. In fact, from 1970 to 1984, the band had at least one hit every year. Other well-known songs include 'It Started With a Kiss' and 'Everyone's a Winner'

In the semi-interesting trivia section, we note that Hot Chocolate was actually invited to the pre-wedding reception of Charles and Diana at Buckingham Palace in 1981 alongside heads of government and European royals. Sources say nothing about performing, but the likelihood that they were singing 'You Sexy Thing' is not overwhelming.

Errol Brown left the group in 1985, and the band stopped recording at about the same time. Brown resurfaced in the early 90s as a solo artist, and in 2001, he released the album Still Sexy.

Discography from All Music Guide:
1974 Cicero Park
1975 Hot Chocolate
1976 Man to Man
1978 Every 1's a Winner
1979 Going Through the Motions
1980 Class
1982 Mystery
1983 Love Shot
(+ an endless series of compilations and boxes)


Sources:
http://www.borderlinebooks.com/uk6070s/h11z.html
http://www.errolbrown.com
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/9855/Hot.html
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/x.dll?p=amg&sql=B18322
And thanks to Saige for making me add the discography.