Hey there.

I really need to let y'all in on a secret: I'm extremely bad at keeping records. Seriously. Last time I kept track of something with any degree of accuracy was when I was keeping tabs on what my old roommate owed me. That was three years ago and I haven't managed to pull it off since.

But I'm an editor on this here nodespace, so I assume I'm supposed to write something, if not meaningful, than at least memorable in this particular slot. You might have to settle for grammatically correct and well-punctuated.


- - -


In my first month as an editor I've tried to do my best to figure out both what I'm allowed to do and what I'm capable of. I've discovered that I have no problem pruning the database of e1 writeups that are either superseded, frivolous or annoying. I also have no problem dealing with new noders, making introductions and explaining how things work here.

My hesitation comes into play when I need to make an unpopular decision. I don't necessarily feel as if I have any right to make the kind of calls I'm now required to make. I'm not entirely comfortable being ruthless. Yet.

The upshot of this is: I've weighed every decision I've made so far and I haven't done anything I regret. I'm sorry I don't have figures for you, but you're just going to have to trust me.

Somebody here (fess up, whoever you are) handed me a Louisville Slugger. The assumption was that I knew how (and when) to swing it. I'm working on it.

I'll work on that whole note-taking thing as well. No promises.