Some people, some people like to stay in the shadows. And some, some prefer to stand in the light. It’s barely a conscious choice but that's what makes it so powerful.
Most people learn you’re harder to see when standing in the shadows, but they never stop to think what else is hiding there.

They are the forgotten ones, so buried in the dusts of time that even the legends and myths are all but gone. But the feeling, the instinct remains. Almost every kid is afraid of the dark. The monster under the bed, the monster in the closet, the monster in the doorway the list goes on and on. Even as we grow older, we are still wary of the dark. And ever since fire, the things of the dark have been wary of us. But they are learning. And they have evolved.

Have you ever seen the darkness wrap around light? Because you will.
Lunar eclipse? The first step.
Solar eclipse? Practice.
Your light bulb? Not yet.

You can feel it, sometimes, when you pay attention.

Have you ever noticed how much colder it is in shade than in the sun?
They suck out all the warmth.

Or how you can’t see a thing when moving from light to dark?
The darkest part lives at the border, protecting the rest.

But the most dangerous part of the dark, is how it attracts us.
We feel, different in the dark. We feel, more powerful, more free. If you want people to lose more inhibitions, turn off the lights. It attracts us, and we crave it.

Some people walk the balance, never treading too far either way.
Some walk only in light, avoiding the dark like a poison.
And some, some walk further into the dark, until they disappear, and the idiots we are, we blame criminals or drugs.

In the total darkness they find, no one can hear them scream. The air is too heavy for their voices to go anywhere, so it echoes back and forth, taking eternity to slowly fade away. Swallowed by the dark.

Follow me.” whispers the white rabbit.
White isn’t light, as we learn too late.
It’s just a color, nothing more.
And it won’t protect you.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And down we go the rabbit hole
all dark, dank and deep.

Never knowing as we’re falling,
it ends in never ending sleep.

We think the cute little bunny
could never lead us astray.
And now it is too late
to go the other way.

Slowly, oh so slowly,
they will eat our flesh.
Until nothing but the bones are left.

And the rabbit stands watching,
having bought itself a day.
And it rests until tomorrow
when it will lead another one astray.