Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me.
And after all,
You're my Wonderwall...

I dreaded today. I don't work a lot, but when I do, they're usually short little 4 or 5 hour shifts with people my own age at the bookstore. I usually get around 15-20 hours a week there. But today I had an 8 hour shift. No problem, I can do that.

But alas, it's with the grumpy old fulltimer women. These people delight in being all friendly to your face, and will swarm into a pack and ridicule you the second you leave. Which is alright. I do the same. I'm doing it now. My latest publicity stunt to disturb these women was to get my eyebrow pierced.
"Are you going to take that out?"
"Can't. It's gotta stay in at least 8 weeks."
"I don't know if you're allowed to have those."
"There's nothing in the dress code for it."
"Oh. You need a haircut, too."
"There's nothing in the dress code for that either."
"Oh."

And this is why I get as few hours as possible. They don't really like me, but they've no reason to get rid of me, and besides, I'm experienced. They lose me, and they've got a lot of inexperienced new people to train by themselves for Christmas.

So anyway. A couple hours into the shift, my girlfriend and her friend come in. Hey "GOSPEL", when's your lunch? I dunno, whenever I want I guess. So I take my lunch, and have Arby's with them. Yum! Yuck.

My girlfriend's real intention for being at the mall is to get this picture frame engraved that she got for me. It's got a picture of her in it, which I've been asking for for awhile. Now I have it, and I like it.

Finished with my 45 minute lunch, I realize just how much time has passed in the long long shift. Yippee, it's time for the fulltimers to go home. So for the last half of my shift, I can just dick around. And I did. And time dragged on and on. The moral of the story? There is none, except that maybe doing work helps time speed up. But that's a price I'm willing to pay for not doing work.

Then on the way home, riding my bike in the dark, I almost get hit by 3 different cars in 3 different places. Is everyone on the street and idiot, or is it just me? It's probably just me. So I stayed off the main streets and rode home, Radiohead still blaring in my head. (3rd day of my Radiohead trip.)

God loves his children.
God loves his chiiildreeennn, yeah.

I get to work tomorrow too. For 5 hours. And the next day too. For 3. With parttimers. Then I'm off all week. This would be a good time to dye my hair pink or get a nosering.