So a thing about "Everything"... I still think of this website's name as being descriptive, not just a coincidence. This is a website for everything. (If you can remember back to the 90s, this was a pretty revolutionary idea, after all. The internet was chalk full of user created websites on places like geocities covering typical nerd fodder like Star Trek, and sometimes more specialized interests, but websites were about a single thing, put together by a single person, so the idea of a website that covered all topics was pretty revolutionary). This website is for every interest and topic, from rarefied literary discussions to anecdotes about what we had for breakfast. I still don't understand why this site isn't more active. There are no shortage of people on the internet with opinions, or weird little interests they want to go on about. Of course some of it is that this site is hard to find in a world where a few big social media platforms divide the world up between them. But I don't know why so many of the original users of this site have decided this site is dumb, and instead spend their online time chasing ragebait on a few commercialized social media platforms.

But I digress. Well, mostly. Not a total digression, because one thing I believe is that even my filler on here is more important than all the ice burns, hot takes and ragebait that floats around the the rest of the internet. Two paragraphs about some train station in a small town? Way more meaningful than an ice burn to a hot take about a celebrity interview where someone made a response to what someone else said that...

But here is my main point---it is supposed to be everything, not just anything. I totally want to write a description of every train on the Coast Starlight and do a recap of another dozen Uncanny X-Men comics...but I don't want to look at "new writeups" and see nothing but six X-Men issues in a row. I do sometimes wonder about what a random stranger coming to this site sees. We should have a variety of topics being covered, in case that happens! It is like wearing clean underwear when you are hit by a bus! And clean underwear that don't feature the X-Men. So the thing is, I feel more comfortable going off about my own interests when there is similar energy. I want to see things in that sidebar about tennis players and creme brulee and barn owls. I want to feel that whirl of chaos and the unexpected and seeing lots of disparate things interconnected. I don't just want to write about my own little obsessions on their own.