There were three major New York productions of "Anything Goes"
One in 1938 with Ethel Merman
One in 1963 with Hal Linden
One in 1989 with Patti LuPone

If you were to compare the scores to these three musicals, the 1963 production contains about 30% original material, and the rest is made up of songs from other Cole Porter shows.

The 1989 production puts back a lot of the original material but must keep a lot of the material added to the '63 production (i.e. "Friendship" "It's De-Lovely" because it had become so synonymous with the show, the '63 production being the more successful and recent.

Now, if I begin to discuss the film versions (there were three) not only were there different songs, but all three films had COMPLETELY different scripts that sometimes didn't have ANYTHING to do with the original.

What makes this even more confusing is that Ethel Merman, the woman who originated the role of Reno Sweeney in 1936 played a role in one of the films, which, if I remember correctly, didn't even take place on a boat!

Also, The original production as it was originally written by Guy Bolton and P. G. Wodehouse (of Jeeves fame). The original script was going to include a bomb being stashed away somewhere on the ship as the main catalyst of wackiness on board the ocean liner. Bolton and Wodehouse wrote their script and went off back across the pond. One week after they left, an ocean liner was bombed at sea and hundreds of people died. With no way to contact Bolton and Wodehouse to rewrite the book, the producers hired Howard Lindsay and Russell Crouse to hurriedly fix the now sorrowfully unfunny piece. THEN, when the musical was once again revived in 1989, Timothy Crouse, the son of Russell Crouse was called upon to update the book.