High school sucks because of all the BS students have to go through. I got lucky, others did not.

The freshman year at the "school" i goto is nothing more then a waste of time. It is incredibly hard for students to take a real science class, because they are supposed to take a wheel-style introduction to the sciences class. It is nothing more then 8th grade science class reiterated. Freshman PE? First of there are PE requirements to begin with, however that is another wheel style class. The Computer Applications^H^H^H^HOffice 97 class is such a joke. But at least you can test out of that relativly easily. (The teacher hands you the Word section of the final, if you so better then 70%, you pass. I got a 90%. I use word to type essays, i had never heard of half the crap on that test.) Freshman English. Hah. Hahaha. Please stop the laughter, i think i'm coughing up a lung. That is english on about a 5th grade level. It makes sure you can read and write standard 5 paragraph essays. Lets see how far a 5 paragraph essay gets you in life, epsecially a 600 word one. I don't think they ever teach kids how to write extended college style essays until AP Composition. A hard class to advance to unless you take summer school. I don't think kids get a social sciences class.

Now realize, i think you can test out of 2 of those classes. However, the test for the Office 97 class, isn't until after second semester starts. Which basically means, you sign up for Computer Apps, test out of it, then whine at your counselor until it changes your schuedual. At least at our school they are a buncha morons. Now, don't get me started on how our school "Doesn't accept high school classes taught in the 8th grade" or "No, we don't count Honours credits from 9th grade". I transfered in before 10th grade. I had 8 Honours classes incoming. I was lucky to have Spanish 1-H and Algebra 1-H count, as i took them in 8th grade, but they were on my transcripts as freshman year, and no one needs to be the wiser. Ah yes, and transfer codes apparently can't be created. I Don't know how the original ones were made. But new ones can't be added. I have a Phsycial World of Science, Honours, credit, for Physics Honours.Physical World is the class you take if you outright fail that freshman wheel science. Now, a senior level physics class is different from 8th grade science, continued...errr..physical world. Talk about killing morale.

I had to draw blood to get past BASIC and Office 97 classes and straight into AP Computer Science. Which was by far my easiest course. Not that it wasn't hard, but when you get something the first time, and stay ontop of the work, its a very easy course. Talk about weeding out the weaker. Those kids mentioned in fozzy's writeup dropped real quick like. It was a college course, the professor basically told the kids if they weren't up to snuff to leave. There was no dumbing down. Life was good. Then i got a pink slip, sending me to my counselor. (Damn, i wasn't being fired.) She tryed to remove me from the class. I didn't have another basic computer science class. My big mistake was probably telling her that there were no computer science classes offered directly by the high school. BASIC is not a programming language and Office 97 is not computer science. I was well on my way into the Office class until i got a teacher reccomendation, which he had to give in person. There was an understanding met. If i didn't pass, teacher got to firebomb my house.

I could go on for hours. Sorry for the rant, i'm just a tad ticked at some of the crap i've gone through at this school. Stupidity should be painful. (It's what people read on the back of my bike helmet as i dodge and weave through traffic :)