"I'm never getting married again". Those were the words I spoke when we split and she left. I had made a promise to myself that I would not get married again if the first time did not work. Sadly, it did not work out, and now I was at a point where I was dealing with the fallout. What would it be like to live alone? Would I ever be happy again? Could I survive on my own? She moved out about two months after we decided to end things, and it was at that point that I decided I was not going to get married again. Why would I put myself through what I had been through already? Well, I'm eating those words now. When you find the right person, it's amazing how your whole outlook on life can change.

Around this time every year, I always look back on what happened in the fall of 2005. I realize that it was not meant to be and that true happiness would be found a year later. I don't know how my ex-wife is doing, as we hardly communicate. It's for the best, though, as we have both moved on. I'm in a happy place now with the one I truly believe was meant for me, and we're working on preparing for July 12, 2008, when we get married. Yes, I broke a promise to myself, but I believe it's forgivable in this circumstance. I have not felt this way about anyone in my life like I have her, and it's just truly something I will hold onto forever.