Why I love Everything2?

What an excellent question.

I just do.

Guess that doesn't cut it, though. Still I'll keep it short.

Okay... Lessee... (Leaving loving all the great nodes aside, because somehow that is implicit) I love Everything2 because I have been finding friendship, appreciation, criticism, and a feeling of belonging. Knowing that, for better or for worse, around the world noders have come to recognise my name is daunting. Knowing that I have made some wonderful friends, and many more great acquaintances makes me happy. Accepting that some noders don't like me, and learning from that experience is educating. All in all I have become enriched in so many ways from being a member, or a part, of the E2 community.

In addition to this, I have been enticed out of my self imposed Danish exile. If I wanted to meet noders outside of Denmark, I'd have to travel. In the last three years I have travelled more than I have travelled in my entire life. And the people I have met have been fascinating people, each in their own way.

E2 is an important part my life, but I don't feel it is a substitute for anything that could have been. I love it here because E2 is the place where I find good, funny, solid, silly, lovely, impressing, weird people and information, facts and 'ficts'.

I log on every day, with very, very few exeptions. I prowl the nodegel and read old nodes, correct little typos and stuff, talk to people and offer my editorial and general assistance should they need it, and try to make myself useful. I don't contribute to the nodegel as often, or as regularly as I want to, mostly due to real life issues like an ever growing work load and stress, but I am always around. I don't see myself leaving the site in any foreseeable future.