Been some time since I last daylogged. Time seems to slip away without me noticing, and it makes me frustrated at times, and sad at other times. I try to seize the day, but there's always something happening. I only really, truly relax when I travel, I think. Which is just one of the many, many reasons I am looking so much forward to going to Oregon in July. The other reasons are the people I will get to meet. Lots of awesomely cool people. People with whom I have catboxed or IM-ed. Some I have spoken with on the phone or Skype. Meeting them will be so great.



***


My birthday-nodermeet is nearing fast, and the house in which it's going to be held is a wreck! It's being re-built in a major way, but there will still be ample room for all of the noders who want to spend a couple of days or four. Or more.

The birthday-nodermeet plans involved archiewood writing an update on how and when and so on - but he took off to Korea to teach English, so he won't be attending. More cake for me! I'll miss him, of course, and I am planning some kind of very evil revenge on him for bailing out on me.

Also I am slowly beginning to panic. I am having a birthday get-together for the family as well, but I haven't yet sent out invitations, and though I have decided that I'll do a brunch-party arrangement thingy on April 4th, I haven't found a caterer or anything. So... business as usual, I guess.



***


Fniggles is growing and growing, and learning new stuff all the time. I feel very blessed to be allowed to experience the whole "baby growing up" adventure again, and now from some distance. This means that I can see it more clearly, and enjoy it in quite another way than I could when the responsibility was mine (and mine alone).

I made lots of mistakes when my kids were growing up; mistakes that I wish I could undo. Still, both of them seem to be doing fine despite my best bumbling, so I suppose I didn't do all that bad after all. Children ought to come with a manual, but since they don't you have to make it up as you go along. Listening to experts won't help much either. The books say "Do this and your child will respond thus". Doesn't work that way, really. In the end common sense and simple respect will get you a long way towards turning the little bundle of joy into a sensible person. And that's probably the best you can hope for. The world needs sensible people.



***


Work is pretty tiring. Come September we are supposed to take in some extra 40 kids, age between 3 and 6 years. That's why the house is being rebuilt. It means that we'll be a daycare for kids from 3 through 14 years of age, and that calls for some serious re-thinking of the way we work. Up 'till now we've only had them from age 6 and up, and that's another kettle of fish altogether.

Of course nothing is going according to plan: to start with the building permit hasn't come through, so instead of starting on schedule, February 16, we are now looking at at least another month of waiting. And, since we did do everything according to plans, we have already moved out of the building's top floor, and are now all co-existing on the ground floor: 9 adults and some 60 kids!

Fortunately Boss and I never moved our office out of the top floor, so we have relative peace and quiet... For as long as it lasts.




***


I'll leave you with a few links to some of my favourite wus.

Thank you for your time.