The University of New South Wales is located in Sydney, Australia. It was founded in 1949. It currently has over 30,000 students and 5,000 staff. The main Kensington campus is around 38 hectares. The library contains over 2 million books.

Originally known as the New South Wales University of Technology, it focused mainly on the research of science and technology. Later the university eventually established colleges at Newcastle, Wollongong, and Canberra, which became separate universities and the Australian Defence Force Academy. The university changed its name to the University of New South Wales in 1958 and with it broadened the scope to include the faculties of art, medicine, and law.

Currently the university houses a diverse and multicultural student base and is one of the best universities in the Asia-Pacific region. It however suffers from brain drain as the better academics are often suckered into the higher wages offered by industry. This leaves students with the task of tolerating lecturers with incomprehensible English, who, in turn were brain drained from other, materially less priviledged countries usually from Asia or the Middle East.

On the positive side, for us Christians at least, there is a brilliant Christian group called Campus Bible Study making it reason enough to attend this university for the sake of the faithful teaching from the Bible.