This song was recently covered by the Dillinger Escape Plan. It features Mike Patton on vocals, and is available on the EP Irony is a Dead Scene. The EP was released on Epitaph Records in 2002.

The cover is surprisingly straight forward. The song structure, lyrics and manic pace remains unchanged. The main riff of the original is being played by the rhythm distortion guitar, while Dillinger's lead guitarist peppers the scene with appropriately spooky guitar effects, as well as joining the first guitar during the screaming build-up halfway through for some unexpected counter-melody.

The thing most people remember from the song, apart from the insane video, is the rhythm. The achingly complex drum rhythm of the original, which featured lots of double-beats, 16th note rolls on the snare, and seemingly impossible syncopations, which all in all qualifies it as one of the most schizophrenic high-powered electronic rhythms within the realm of breakbeat, is convincingly reproduced by Dillinger's one-man (!) powerhouse of a drummer. The drum track was evidently recorded in one sitting (!!), and he deftly takes on and reproduces the snare fills and broken beats as if it were second nature. Which, I suspect, it probably is for him.

Mike Patton's vocals are appropriately distorted, as were the originals, but not to the same ear-splitting degree. Mike Patton is widely recognized as the vessel for one of rock music's most talented vocal chords, but his range isn't exactly explored in great detail on this track - owing largely to the limited vocal exercises of the original. Nevertheless, his voice is appropriately akin to Richard D. James' original nasal performance, and his voice blends in to act more as a part of the instrument onslaught than an actual song.

"Come to Daddy" is a strange choice for a cover song, but Dillinger Escape Plan pull it off admirably. In truth, I doubt if any other band have the technical abilities, appropriate insanity level and the flair for diversity to attempt anything similar. And Patton's involvement is just icing on the cake.