In music production when something is wet that means they have used alot of effects on the song or on the particular track that sounds wet.

also

slang I hear in rap music or in the park while playing chess. When you've been shot in the chest and are covered in blood you're wet or you've been wetted.

"Im gonna wet that chain snatcher" (park)

"straight up, boo, I wetted that bitch" (rap music)

If I remember my history correctly, this is how Margaret Thatcher referred to liberals--American usage--or at least anyone to her left.

I suppose this might have come from you're all wet, or maybe the old temperance usage, wets would allow alcohol, drys would not.

A brand name of lubricant available in many reputable (and disreputable) novelty and sex supply stores.

Wet (?), a. [Compar. Wetter (?); superl. Wettest.] [OE. wet, weet, AS. wt; akin to OFries. wt, Icel. vatr, Sw. v�x86;t, Dan. vaad, and E. water. . See Water.]

1.

Containing, or consisting of, water or other liquid; moist; soaked with a liquid; having water or other liquid upon the surface; as, wet land; a wet cloth; a wet table.

"Wet cheeks."

Shak.

2.

Very damp; rainy; as, wet weather; a wet season.

"Wet October's torrent flood."

Milton.

3. Chem.

Employing, or done by means of, water or some other liquid; as, the wet extraction of copper, in distinction from dry extraction in which dry heat or fusion is employed.

4.

Refreshed with liquor; drunk.

[Slang]

Prior.

Wet blanket, Wet dock, etc. See under Blanket, Dock, etc. -- Wet goods, intoxicating liquors. [Slang]

Syn. -- Nasty; humid; damp; moist. See Nasty.

 

© Webster 1913.


Wet (?), n. [AS. w&aemac;ta. See Wet, a.]

1.

Water or wetness; moisture or humidity in considerable degree.

Have here a cloth and wipe away the wet. Chaucer.

Now the sun, with more effectual beams, Had cheered the face of earth, and dried the wet From drooping plant. Milton.

2.

Rainy weather; foggy or misty weather.

3.

A dram; a drink.

[Slang]

 

© Webster 1913.


Wet, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Wet (rarely Wetted); p. pr. & vb. n. Wetting.] [AS. w&aemac;tan.]

To fill or moisten with water or other liquid; to sprinkle; to cause to have water or other fluid adherent to the surface; to dip or soak in a liquid; as, to wet a sponge; to wet the hands; to wet cloth.

"[The scene] did draw tears from me and wetted my paper."

Burke.

Ye mists and exhalations, that now rise . . . Whether to deck with clouds the uncolored sky, Or wet the thirsty earth with falling showers. Milton.

To wet one's whistle, to moisten one's throat; to drink a dram of liquor. [Colloq.]

Let us drink the other cup to wet our whistles. Walton.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.