Anyone that's ever gotten way too deep into an rpg knows what I'm talking about, especially one by Squaresoft. We all know that rpgs need battles, so we can get experience points, or mana points or 'i'm a psycho and I've played this game for 320 hours, lost 2 jobs, and failed out of college points.'

Now that's all well and good, but when you're doing the things that no sane video game player usually does, then you really know what I'm talking about. There are few things more annoying than trying to complete some archaic sub-quest, only to be drawn into some stupid battle every five steps. You're either getting EVERY character to level 99 (for no salient reason, mind you), or trying to find some bit of fluff to put on princess foo-foo's armor that will make her invincible, invulnerable, and give you the super special hentai ending. You sit there, staring at the tv screen, feeling your eyes dry up and shrivel out of your head as you go from one mindless battle to another. You really get tired of it after a while, but some deep-rooted stubbornness won't let you quit. You just HAVE to do what you're doing, so you can say you did everything those twisted game developers threw at you. You then promptly drop your memory card while waving it in your friends' faces, and lose your saved game.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.