San Francisco hard rock/heavy metal band named after Nikola Tesla (even their first two albums, Mechanical Resonance and The Great Radio Controversy, got their names from Tesla-related ideas). Probably best known for "Love Song" and their acoustic album Five Man Acoustical Jam with its cover song single "Signs."

Convienently named after the same scientist as the aforementioned band, the tesla (T) is the SI unit for magnetic flux density.

1 tesla = 1 weber/meter^2

Reduced to base SI Units, 1 T represents one kilogram, per second squared, per ampere, or 1 kg * s2 * A-1.

Since the tesla is such a large unit, engineers take measurements of flux density in smaller units known as gauss (G). 1 T = 10^4 G.

Tesla is an American manufacturer of an eponymous brand of electric automobiles and trucks, originally founded in 2003 as "Tesla Motors" by engineers Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning, who named the company in honor of inventor Nikola Tesla. After 5 years of research and development, the company began producing its first car, the Tesla Roadster, in 2008, followed by the Model S sedan in 2012, the Model X SUV in 2015, the Model 3 sedan in 2017, the Model Y crossover in 2020, the Tesla Semi truck in 2022 and the Cybertruck light pickup truck in 2023.

The company is often associated with current CEO Elon Musk, who became the company's largest shareholder with an investment of a mere $6.5 million dollars in 2004 and forced out the founders from 2007-2008 before naming himself their replacement as CEO.

As one of the first electric vehicle manufacturers to reach the market with a viable product, Tesla is one of the major players in the rapidly growing market for electric vehicles, although it faces stiff challenges from a number of more recently founded competitors in the US, Europe, and especially China.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.