As in: Kentucky Fried Chicken's "eleven secret herbs and spices"

Kentucky Fried Chicken is a fast food chain which makes great claim to "eleven secret herbs and spices." In an attempt to bring down this evil empire of tasty fried things, I have searched in vain for these eleven herbs and spices. In the process I've learned some interesting things:

  1. Many sources claim that pepper and MSG are key secret spices. In fact, the book Big Secrets claims to have performed a chemical analysis and found only four secret spices: salt, flour, ground Black Pepper and MSG.
  2. A Rice University student newspaper (The Thresher) claims that one of the secret ingredients is lead. I think this is a joke, because they also are careful to point out that the biscuits are lead free!
  3. The KFC corporation corporate operator claims the recipe does exist and it is stored in a Kentucky vault. For some reason this operator would not tell me the contents of said secret recipe. Either she does not know, or she is one of the conspirators.
  4. A fellow alumnus from my high school worked in a KFC for two years. He knows for a fact that his particular greasy chicken site had twelve secret spices - every morning these heathen boys would piss in the daily batter. As disturbing as this story is, he claimed it was completely true.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.