A polyhedron is a closed 3-D figure composed of some number of faces which are polygons. The simplest polyhedron is a tetrahedron composed of four triangles. Some polyhedra are regular; these have identical regular polygons for all their faces and the same dihedral angles at each edge, the same solid angles at each vertex. Euler's formula relates the number of faces, edges, and vertices in a polyhedron.

A stellated polyhedron can be formed from many normal polyhedra; this involves extending faces past their intersections to additional, more distant intersections.

Also the name of the magazine published by the Role Playing Gamers Associaton. Although owned by Wizards of the Coast, it is not fully evil, instead providing news, information, and entertaining gaming content to members of the RPGA Network.

The magazine subscription is one of the benefits of membership in the RPGA, and it tends to come every other month. Polyhedron contains new monsters, intriguing NPCs (usually with interesting plot points too), magical items, information or gossip about the game worlds, and letters and editorials.

Compared to Dragon or Dungeon (the two main D&D magazines on the market), Polyhedron pales in comparison. It's main purpose is to inform and serve the RPGA's gamers and to supplement the game worlds of the RPGA (such as the vaious Living campaigns). I probably wouldn't pay for it at a stand or for subscription, but it is nice to read every so often and can have fun new items to spice up your gaming.

Pol`y*he"dron (?), n.; pl. E. Polyhedrons. (#), L. Polyhedra (#). [NL., fr. Gr. with many seats or sides; many + a seat or side: cf. F. polyedre.]

1. Geom.

A body or solid contained by many sides or planes.

2. Opt.

A polyscope, or multiplying glass.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.