One of the many members of the mustelid family, the mink is basically a large, semi-aquatic ferret. They are hunted and farmed for their soft, luscious fur. They are also one of the more typically-sexual kinds of furry (oftentimes surpassing even the queen of yiffing, the vixen); this is likely due to the influence of Minerva Mink and the fact that real-life minks often go at it for up to six hours at a time.

A band from Dunedin, New Zealand (and their 1994 self titled album). Those responsible for this low-budget wonder were: Demarnia LLoyd, George D. Henderson, Genevieve McLean, Emily Barr, Andrew Brough, Steve McGregor, Jeffrey T Mitchell, Cubic Lizard, Andrew Jamieson, Digihag, Margot Schweigman, Alan Starrett, Criag Monk, Phil Savory, Paul Redican, Bryan Spittle, Tony Partridge, Johnannes Contag, Heathcliff Caughan Te Au, Leyton and Rudy Hueting.

  1. Sweet Nonsense
  2. Shake
  3. Sex Kittens of Phoenix
  4. Thrill Me
  5. Green Eyes Blue
  6. Scent
  7. Song of Milk and Honey
  8. Mr Creepy (Roll Over)
  9. Now I Remeber Why I hate You
  10. Rubber Saxophone
  11. It's All Fine
  12. Uptight
  13. Go Swimming
They also had a second album called For my Mink released in 1996, which apepared to be slightly higher budget (at least the packaging was anyway).

  1. In my Craft of Sullen Art
  2. Gold
  3. Radio Cruel
  4. Baby Yesterday
  5. Little Green Monsters
  6. Spaceship #9
  7. Look like an Angel
  8. For my Vole
  9. Sugardrops
  10. Cherry Ripe
  11. Pretty Isthmus
  12. Duette
One of the annoying things about Mink was that you never knew before hand which subset of musicians and singers would be on stage. The subset of musicians and singers, obviously effected the range of songs they could play. Generally speaking, since I was in love with Demarnia LLoyd's voice it sucked when she wasn't there.

The cloudboy website describes mink as ``now-defunct Dunedin electro-pop con artists.'' Mink evolved into cloudboy.

see: http://coffee.co.nz/cloudboy/

Mink (?), n. [Cf. 2d Minx.] Zool.

A carnivorous mammal of the genus Putorius, allied to the weasel. The European mink is Putorius lutreola. The common American mink (P. vison) varies from yellowish brown to black. Its fur is highly valued. Called also minx, nurik, and vison.

<-- together with sable, one of the most expensive furs not taken from endangerd species. From animals grown on a farm, called ranch mink -->

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.