Have you ever noticed that humans as hard as we try, as long as we toil, and as hard as we work, never seem to be satisfied? Yup, welcome to society's inherent idiocy.

Nowadays, people seem to believe that more of whatever they have will make them happy. Such a suicidal attempt to secure this kind of "bliss" can't be sustained; more only gives rise to a greater want, eventually a need: an addiction.

The more we learn, the more we hunger for more knowledge, the more we thirst for an explanation. And the more we drink, the thirstier we get. Our need for knowledge is only as vast as its polar opposite, our own stupidity. The more knowledge we amass, the smarter we apparently get, the less we actually know. As knowledge is power, we are growing weaker as a society, as a culture, as a species.

The solution to this problem is simple, however, modern America would coldly reject in an even colder heartbeat: the total and free gift of ourselves to each other.

Our exponential disappointment with the need for "more" could be resolved. If we are content with less, the cycle never begins. If we care for one another, the only exponential thing left would be this:love. And even a little love is enough to make us truly, deeply happy.

We too quickly look to ourselves for the answer. Too quicky we ignore the needs of others for personal gain, we quickly depend on our own selfish endeavors to bring the spark of happiness to our mundane lives.

It is only right to give everyone a chance. It is only right to stand up for what you believe.It is only right to see the beauty in other people. It is only right to seek excellence, to banish mediocrity. It is only right that we see our faults, and through our strengths, work to correct them. It is only right to live a life in unselfish service to others, for he who serves his fellows, is of all his fellows, greatest.

As cliche as it sounds, if you live for others, you live for your self. It is life as it was intended to be lived.

Most people believe that happiness is something you experience. True happiness is something you give to others. Something you only reap the reward of by giving it away.

It is only right to spread happiness like a disease, because success is not measured by what you take with you, but by what you leave behind.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.