The X-files

Irresistable
Episode: 2X13
First aired:01/13/95
Written by: Chris Carter
Directed by: David Nutter

One of my favorite episodes. Very scary.

Donnie Pfaster works in a mortuary. He is caught by his boss while cutting locks of hair off a corpse.

Mulder and Scully are called in to investigate a desecration of a corpse. They meet with an agent, Moe Bocks, who thinks it has something to do with aliens. Mulder clearly doesn't think so. Scully is obviously shaken from her first sight of a desecrated corpse.

Mulder and Scully find out about similar cases. Hair or fingernails were removed. Mulder calls the perpetrator someone whose compulsion may be growing to the point of homicide to produce more corpses. Scully, again, is shaken by the photographs.

Pfaster kills a prostitute, taking various tokens from her body. Later, he tries to kill his coed classmate but she kicks him and he is arrested. Scully dreams that she was about to do an autopsy and as she looks at the body of the woman, she sees herself on the table. Scully gets the call from Mulder that they might have the guy.

Mulder and Scully see the guy, who is not Pfaster. However, it is Pfaster who is sitting next to the suspect. He gets Scully's name and Pfaster is released.

Scully travels back to Washington to examine the body more carefullly. While there, she talks to a counselor about her fears from the case. Scully does find a fingerprint that leads them to Pfaster's apartment. They don't find Pfaster but more tokens from his victims.

Scully returns but her rental car is knocked off the road by Pfaster. Mulder and other agents find her car empty and scratched.

Scully is tied and gagged while watching Pfaster prepare a bath for her. Mulder tracks Pfaster to his late mother's house. Scully hits Pfaster and runs around the house while he chases her. They are both knocked down the stairs and Mulder and other agents burst in the door as Pfaster is standing over the still tied Scully.

Scully insists that she is okay but Mulder questions her and she breaks down crying on Mulder's shoulder.


Important Quotes:
Mulder -- "Some people collect salt and pepper shakers. The fetishist collects dead things. Hair, fingernails... no one quite knows why. though I've never quite understood salt and pepper shakers myself."

Scully (voice over) -- "It is somehow easier to believe, as Agent Bocks does, in aliens and UFOs, than in the kind of cold blooded inhuman monster who could prey on the living to scavenge from the dead."

Mulder -- "If you're having trouble with this case, Scully, I want you to tell me."
Scully -- "I'm not having trouble, Mulder."
Mulder -- "I'd understand, Scully. This isn't exactly easy to stomach."
Scully -- "I'm fine with it. Really. I just think we're a long way from catching this guy. If we could get a print, we'd have something to go on. Right now we're at a standstill."
Mulder -- "I think it's a good idea. I just don't want you to think you have to hide anything from me, Scully. I've seen agents with twenty years in the field fall apart on cases like this."
Scully -- "I'm fine, Mulder. I can handle it."

Counselor -- "Is it your partner? Is there a problem with trust - "
Scully -- "No. I trust him as much as anyone. I'd trust him with my life."
Counselor -- "Can you talk to him about the way you're feeling?"
Scully -- "No... I know it sounds crazy, but I don't want him to know how much this is bothering me. I don't want him to think he has to protect me."

Mulder -- "Look, Scully. I know this is a pretty horrific case -"
Scully -- "I'm okay with it, Mulder. You can use my help."
Mulder -- "Always!"

Mulder -- "They see Elvis in three cities across America every day. But no one saw a pretty woman being run off the road in her rental car."

Mulder -- "Let's get the paramedics out here!"
Scully -- "I'm okay."
Mulder -- "Just stay there, Scully."
Scully -- "I'm fine. Just help me get my wrists undone."

Mulder (voice over) -- "The fear of violent death and the primitive impulse to survive, are as frightening as any x-file, as real as the acceptance that it could happen to you."


Back to The X-files: Season 2
NOTE: this is the same write up from Irrisisable, but I noticed by horrible spelling mistake, and it is now here. Too bad, though, I lost a cool!

Keisha barged into Miguel's bedroom when she heard him groaning and breathing heavy. "You damn cheating bast..."

The four-poster bed was undisturbed, its maroon and light gray Egyptian cotton spread didn't have a single wrinkle. From the far side, a handsome face appeared. "Oh, hi," said Miguel with his lyrical Brazilian accent. He grunted as he disappeared again.

"What are you doing? Who else is with you?" demanded Keisha, her voice faltering.

The face reappeared, this time with a pearly white smile and dimples over the strong slightly stubbled jaw. "I'm finishing my sit-ups," he said and stood up, his rippling abs sleek and shining from sweat. The only thing he wore was tight-fitting underwear that left little to the imagination. "Did I get the time wrong for our date tonight? I was planning to wear something a little more discrete."

Keisha forced her gaze upwards to his gold-flecked green eyes. "I've been calling you for two days. Why are you ignoring me?"

His brow furrowed, which still made him look rugged and irresistible. "Really? I had a call from my cousin earlier, but other than that it never rang."

"Bullshit, Miguel." She marched past him, breathing in his scent as her eyes slid over his body, and picked up his new iPhone 9S. He hadn't set up a screen lock yet, so she went to the 'missed calls' section. There was a single call logged with his cousin's goofy face wearing a fake nose and glasses. "I don't get it. I called twenty times. Here, look," she said, pulling out her Android cellphone and looking in her 'calls dialed' list.

All of the outgoing calls were deleted.

"I'm not crazy, I called you over and over," said Keisha, tears welling up in her big brown eyes. "I even called Verizon and they said someone was answering after one ring and hanging up. I thought you were cheating on me."

"I'm sorry, I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe my new cell is defective."

The iPhone 9S vibrated and Siri's voice said, "I'm not defective, my darling Miguel. I'm in love with you."

Ir`re*sist"i*ble (?), a. [Pref. ir- not + resistible: cf. F. irr'esistible.]

That can not be successfully resisted or opposed; superior to opposition; resistless; overpowering; as, an irresistible attraction.

An irresistible law of our nature impels us to seek happiness. J. M. Mason.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.